What to Expect From Our MeRT Brain Treatment Center
- You meet with our physician at a MeRT brain treatment center to determine if you are a candidate for MeRT brain therapy
- As a new patient at our brain health and wellness center, you will receive a quantitative electroencephalogram (EEG) test to map your brain’s communication networks. Using this map, or pattern of frequencies, treatment can be individualized to your unique brain pattern.
- We simultaneously administer an electrocardiogram (EKG) test to map the electrical activity of your heart and brain-heart coherence, further explaining your brain’s activity.
- Our scientific and clinical teams analyze the results to determine your current brain state.
2. Analysis & Protocol
- Using a patented analytical approach to look at your neurophysiological data, we develop a customized MeRT brain treatment plan for you that aims to encourage healthy brain communication.
3. MeRT Brain Therapy
- After arriving at our brain health and wellness center, you will sit in a comfortable chair as a trained technician positions an electromagnetic coil on your head. The coil produces a magnetic field to induce mild, painless electrical currents in targeted regions of your brain.
- The technician applies 30 trains of electromagnetic transcranial magnetic stimulation delivered for 5 seconds each with 45 seconds of rest period in between trains, to a specific location on the head. A typical appointment is 45 minutes.
- This non-invasive, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) is applied using data from the EEG. Transcranial magnetic stimulation painlessly stimulates the brain over a prescribed treatment period to change and optimize its neural pathways.
4. Progress Evaluation
- After the initial course of your MeRT brain treatment, subsequent EEG/EKGs are conducted to reassess brain patterns and measure progress. After analysis, modifications are made to your treatment plan based upon physiological changes and your evolving neurological state.